Position: Finance Officer
- Background : Our client a reputable Engineering Management and construction company at the forefront of construction of roads, bridges and other civil infrastructures is seeking to engage an Finance Officer with strong.
- The financial Officer will maintain records of all financial transactions, provide relevant accounting information, monitor budgets and ensure the data from various departments is accurate.
The Accountant will be responsible for two aspects:
- Overall financial administration of the organization in accordance with the legal requirements.
- Highest ethical standards and internationally recognized financial reporting practices (IFRS).
- Support the development and updating of financial policies, procedures and standards, including keeping abreast of new financial and tax laws in accordance to legal requirements and the best financial practices and ensure that all staff are well informed in their use.
- Ensure accounting information is posted daily and backed-up.
- Ensure that all financial transactions (including grant disbursement) and data are correctly implemented according to policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all financial documents are accurately supported, approved and coded, and that all cheque books, cheque list, petty cash, LPOs are maintained correctly
- Ensure that staff payroll administration is verified for accuracy, properly processed and that all statutory payments such as PAYE and pension are made on a timely basis.
- Manage banking, accounts and balances effectively and efficiently, including undertaking monthly bank reconciliations, foreign exchange management and cash flow management in a timely manner.
- Monitor debtors ledger, creditors’ ledger and bank accounts, ensuring they are controlled in an appropriate manner to protect the company’s assets.
- Support management funding and disbursements; and ensure acknowledgment of receipts and financial reporting is accurate, professional and timely.
- Scrutinize plans, budgets, and financial reports;
- Contribute to annual/quarterly budget development and reporting for the organization.
- Ensure that the organization is compliant with all legal requirements regarding taxation, returns, fees and other financial statutory requirements.
- Prepare monthly expenditure in relation to budget reports and inform management on a timely basis.
- Undertake periodic checks of assets and stores are done, and prepare reports on the same for management.
- Prepare high quality financial reports including professional annual financial statements in a timely basis.
- Prepare for and collaborate with internal and external auditors to ensure successful audit.
- Maintain well organized physical and electronic archive of financial documentation stretching back at least seven years in secure location.
- Advise the company on tax issues and ensure all regulations are meet.
Education, skills and experience:
- BSC/HND in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field.
- A professional qualification such as CITN, ICAN, ANAN will be an advantage.
- Ability to demonstrate broad business and Commercial acumen
- Strong numeracy skills.
- At least three years of relevant work experience as a finance officer or similar role.
- Excellent administrative and planning skills.
- Knowledge of Nigeria financial regulations
- Experience of using accounting packages, as well as MS Office.
- Impeccable, corruption‐free reputation and integrity.
- Ability to keep deadlines and keen attention to detail.
- Experience in corporate accounts/financial management.
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data.
- Can take initiative, get things done really well and fast.
Salary, Benefit and Conditions:
- Salary is competitive depending on qualification and experience.
Job Location: Abuja
Method of Application:
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to apply online by clicking the link below and following the instructions.
Based on Client’s equal opportunity policy, female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.