Position: Electrical Engineer
Background : Our client a reputable Engineering Management and construction company at the forefront of construction of roads, bridges and other civil infrastructures is seeking to engage an Electrical Engineer with excellent skills and strong characteristics.
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for all electrical activities and duties in the company, supervise and oversee the operations and maintenance activities of the electrical section in the company. Also responsible for designing, developing and maintaining electrical control systems and/or components to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the continuous running of equipment and machinery using computerized systems for controlling maintenance tools, costs, diagnose equipment faults, repairs, breakdown problems, installation and commissioning.
- The Electrical/Electronics Engineer in addition, must have a high level of automation knowledge using specialist equipment such as programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- Reads and interprets facility engineering drawings and makes necessary modifications or recommendations.
- Advises departments on electrical related issues, including suggesting technical solutions to problems, identifying best practices, etc.
- Liaises with suppliers and manufacturers of electrical and other equipment and materials to ensure technical specifications are understood and met.
- Ensures compliance with Key Performance Indicators and assists in compliance with overall company Health Safety and Environment (HSE) requirements
- Coordinate ongoing mechanical and electrical installation, testing activities and maintenance, support to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and company standards and requirements.
- Coordination of electrical/instrumentation maintenance activities towards achieving optimum overall operational efficiency.
- Facilitate/reinforce the techniques and principles for safe and reliable operation of engineering infrastructure on site.
- Co-ordination and implementation of engineering standards, contributing to overall operational efficiency.
- Implementation of planned preventive maintenance for the factory.
- Identify and specify equipment needs to meet the current and foreseeable demands of the business
- Ensuring site maintenance standard is in line with legal requirement
Education, skills and experience
- B.Eng/HND in Mechanical, Production, Manufacturing, Electrical Engineering and other relevant field
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in the relevant industry.
- Excellent knowledge of circuit diagram.
- Excellent knowledge circuit installation and debugging
- Proficiency in using MS Word and Excel and other relevant software.
- Membership of a professional body would be an added advantage.
- Willingness to travel and relocate
Salary, Benefit and Conditions:
- Salary is competitive depending on qualification and experience.
Job Location: Abuja
Method of Application:
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to apply online by clicking the link below and following the instructions.
Based on Client’s equal opportunity policy, female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.