Position : Human Resources Manager
Background: Our client an Oil and Gas firm offering Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation and Maintenance (EPCIM) Services is seeking to engageHuman Resources Manager who will oversee all aspects of human resource practices and processes as generally accepted locally and globally by already stipulated human resource guidelines. Human Resources Manager will support and ensure proper implementation of company’s goals and strategies, to create, maintain and promote excellent organizational culture which will ensure business success through human resource management including; job design, performance management, talent management, training and development, recruitment, employment cycle changes, facilities management services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for organizing, directing and controlling the workers in all departments to ensure that work is been carried out effectively and efficiently and achieve a high level of integrity of character such as good team work, cooperation, coordination, honesty and dedication to duty.
- Ensure that the workers do their jobs as instructed and are in compliance to the policies of the company.
- Provide daily advice to line managers on all human resource issues: management of staff, etc.
- Prepares, provides and reports information on data such as staff turnover, cost per hire, references, training hours per person, performance appraisal metrics etc.
- Develop, implement and review HR strategies to ensure that it is in line with the business of the company and also to ensure it gives support to the strategic business unit of the company. The strategies must be flexible so as to cope with change when it occurs.
- Responsible for the planning of leave for employees as at when due, the replacement of employees on leave and resource planning of employees re-joining from leave of any form either maternity, paternity ,sick leave etc.
1. Recruitment Selection and Induction
- Lead on the recruitment requisitions, ensuring that recruitment and selection is carried out in accordance to corporate and equal opportunity standards ensuring adherence to local employment laws.
- Oversee the induction for all new staff and actively quality checking elements of the induction program to ensure consistency in the process across all offices. Collecting feedback on induction program and acting on feedback provided to improve the process.
- Provide technical support for interview scheduling.
- Develop and review job descriptions and create standardized interview questions
- Assist management and interview panels with interviewing as requested and ensure that interview panels are fully prepared.
- Draft job announcements and coordinate applicant screenings Draft Recruitment job announcements and execute all job advertisements. Liaise with employment agencies
- Carry out recruitment activities including salary negotiations, issuing offer letters and carrying out new hire orientations.
- Develop, implement and organize appropriate HR record keeping system, internal and external communications, and team administration. Track recruitment costs, demographics for hires and staff reimbursement issues.
2. Learning/Organizational Development (OD)
- Promote a culture of learning, knowledge sharing and teamwork by aiding collaboration and creating models for change management.
- Responsible for conducting training needs analysis and designs. Implement these designs with input from other department heads and control budget allocated.
- Assist in coordinating and/or conducting training workshops to support Office Managers on such topics as supervisory skills, performance assessments, effective interviewing, etc.
- Support Office Managers and Talent Management and Quality Assurance Supervisor in conducting learning needs analysis, understanding changing business needs and defining how learning and development initiatives can support those needs.
- Ensure all learning and development activities are underpinned by the policies and procedures of the company
- Support the design and delivery of OD and change management strategies, processes and interventions. This should include initiatives which foster a high performance culture where valuing learning, continuous improvement and diversity are the norm.
- Providing coaching and guidance where necessary.
- Promoting continuous personal development activities such as self-learning, job shadow, on the job training etc
- Support other departments and maintain succession plan for the respective departments.
3. Performance Management
- To assist Office Managers in ensuring that their team performance management system operates to corporate standards and guidelines.
- Lead the annual moderations and performance review process
- Track probation and other assessment schedules and follow up on outstanding appraisals.
- Deal with performance or grievance issue in a legally complaint or professional way
- Ensure all employees receive appraisal in accordance with company policy and probationary periods.
4. Compensation & Benefits Management
- Responsible for payroll management and ensure it is accurate and done on time.
- To support staff with pay policy interpretations and responding to queries on pay and benefits
- Ensure effective implementation of all employee welfare schemes including the Staff Group Life Assurance Scheme, the Health Insurance scheme and the Pension scheme. Liaise closely with benefits and pension administrators on behalf of management.
- Responsible for reviewing staff salaries and consulting with other department heads for pay increase where necessary. Implementing these reviews and promotions where necessary.
5. Company Policies and Procedures
- Consult with management and employees to ensure HR policies and procedures are implemented in all offices properly and consistently, assisting in implementation when needed.
- Periodically review the HR manual and other relevant documents and recommend revisions. Support management in the interpretation of policies and of the Nigeria Local Policy Manual. Annually review policies, procedures and the manual to ensure compliance.
- Liaise with management on interpretation of policies, manuals and the laws of Nigeria and support management in response to employee issues.
6. Financial Management
- Prepare operational budgets. Ensuring value for money in the procurement of services on behalf of the team.
- In liaison with the Finance team, develop effective strategies for financial wellbeing of the team.
7. Employee Relations & Engagement
- Represent the company in management-employee relations.
- Enquiry Management for internal and external stakeholders.
- Record management of employee relations issues
- Provide guidance and assistance to Office Managers and employees on matters relating to employee relations activities.
- To build relationships and collaborate with leads across the business to identify specific employee engagement requirements of differing business areas.
- Ensure that workers who fail to do their job or are not in compliance to the company policies are disciplined as stipulated in the company’s HR Manual or as generally accepted in cases that are not covered by the manual.
- Deal with all termination and severance issues.
Qualification And Experience Requirement
- Bachelors Degree in Management, Social Sciences, Business or other relevant fields.At least 10years experience at senior management level as a manger of HR team
- At least 7years corporate experience in the human resource department.
- Must have an MBA or MSc in Management. Either of these certifications will be an added advantage; CIPM, CIPD, PHRi qualified.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with department managers. Demonstrable maturity, professionalism and gravitas.
- Ability to recognize the value and responsibility of working in a team actively supports and develops team members, quick to identify and solve any issues.
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions .Ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented.
- Demonstrate an understanding of personalities and behavioral styles in order to work collaboratively with a variety of people and to make informed decision around resource planning, reporting structures and relationships.
- The ability to inspire confidence of top executives through timely delivery of information and plans.
- Understanding of all legal implications, ability to plan resources accordingly and comply with legal obligations and all labor laws in Nigeria.
- Strong working knowledge of employment law issues and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations.
- Familiar with best practice redundancy processes and experienced in coaching managers through this and leading where necessary.
- Possess good overall understanding of company finances and use this information to push back and support managers in resource and succession planning.
HR Manager may also have to/be able to:
- Risk management conscious.
- Makes sensible, intelligent decisions in difficult and deadline driven situations.
- Excellent attention to detail. Results-focused - understands what is important to staff, clients and management - is committed to achieving goals. Tenacious approach to delivery, quality of output and organization.
- Demonstrates passion - approaches all tasks in an enthusiastic way. Committed to upholding professional standards.
- Takes responsibility for own actions and visibly supports the senior leadership team and their agenda
- Excellent communication skills - handles complex and difficult situations with thought and confidence.
- Ability to deliver appropriate information to the right people.
- Displays integrity - transparent in dealings with management, staff and other individuals that you may come in contact with.
- Self-motivated and self-aware - recognizes own strengths and weaknesses and is committed to personal development.
- Takes a broad interest in the success and development of the company and the human resource function as a whole.
- Good communicator, able to read, write, speak English.
- Proven leadership, motivational and mentoring skills.
- Able to negotiate and think laterally.
- Knows and applies solid evidence based approaches to staff recruitment and retention in a way that is flexible and appropriate to the level of the job.
- Ability to coordinate and network effectively
- Knowledge to Nigeria labor law, tax law and other regulations.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong time management skills, ability to work under pressure to deadlines and ability to priorities tasks.
- Makes sound decisions and judgments.
- Patient ,sensitive, resilient, flexible and demonstrates humility
- Shows initiative and is innovative
- Role-models integrity, transparency and honesty and must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to be flexible to changing deadlines and work priorities
- Deep commitment to organizational mission and its core values.
Job Location: Port Harcourt
Method of Application:
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to apply online by clicking the link below and following the instructions.
Based on Client’s equal opportunity policy, female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.