Position: Supermarket Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the smooth running of the supermarket
- Responsible for ensuring great customer service experience
- Monitor the financial performance of the store.
- Manage retail staff; stockist, cleaners and cashiers.
- Ensure accurate pricing.
- Ensure appropriate display of merchandise.
- Identify market trends that appeal to customers.
- Ensure products are clean and ready to be displayed.
- Record sales figures, for data analysis and forward planning.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety measures.
- Manage staff schedules.
- Spend time on the Supermarket floor working with customers to assist them with their product selections by providing thorough product knowledge information.
- Monitor checkout stations to ensure availability of adequate cash and staff.
- Support and participate with inventory management functions to include: The receiving procedures, transfers, pricing procedures, product counts and physical inventories as required.
- Planning the range of stock to be ordered.
- Ensure that products analysis is carried out weekly.
- Assume responsibility of regular stock taking.
- Monitor sales activities to ensure that customers receive satisfactory service and quality goods.
- Ensure customer needs are met, complaints are resolved, and service is quick and efficient.
- Work out the shelves layout and be able to display points, as well as how and what should be displayed.
- Help, drive, motivate, and encourage retail sales staff to achieve sales targets.
- Ensure that received goods correspond with order.
- Report discrepancies to control costs and maintain correct inventory.
- Takes note of fast and slow moving products.
- Prepare and present periodic sales report which include previous sales analysis to Managing Director.
Minimum Qualification: Abilities, Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of HND/B.Sc. in relevant field
- A minimum of 1 -2 years’ experience in Supermarket Management position.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent human management skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Be willing to work long hours.
- Must have Integrity.
- Sound financial knowledge.
- Should be able to pay attention to details.
- Should be able to deal tactfully and pleasantly with customers.
- Strong time management, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent Strategy Implementation skills and good use of initiative.
- Good listening skills.
- Bi-lingual skill is an advantage.
Salary, Benefit and Conditions:
Salary is competitive depending on qualification and experience.
Method of Application:
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to apply online by clicking the link below and following the instructions. Based on Client’s equal opportunity policy, female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.