Position: Cashier Supermarket
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle customer purchasing and payments while facilitating a good interaction/relationship with the customer.
- Complementing the customer shopping experience by evaluating the customer’s purchases, handling the customers’ payments for goods and services.
- Assist to achieve branch budgeted sales and profit target.
- Daily cleaning and maintenance of the checkout stations and other front end equipment to ensure that they are kept in full working order at all times and all faults (if discovered) are to be reported immediately to superiors.
- Ensure checkouts equipment are kept neat and tidy at all times and spillages are cleaned up immediately.
- Ensure that all checkout stations ancillary devices-such as POS; scanners; price display attachments etc. are in good working condition.
- Maintain the stock and availability of checkout station's consumables such as shopping bags; thermal roll; printer roll; availability of small denominations for use as change.
- Ensure products presented by customers are properly handled to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Cross checking items presented for purchase by customer to see that they are in good condition.
- Scanning all the items presented for purchase by the customer.
- Ensure each customer’s trolley/basket is emptied before communicating the total amount to the customer.
- Communicate the amount to the customer.
- Maintain checkout operations by following policies and procedures as well as reporting needed changes.
- Processing various forms of tender e.g. cash, cheques, debit card, gift vouchers presented by the customer as means of payment and making change for cash customers.
- Maintain bank of money in the register drawer and verify it at the beginning and end of the shift.
- Memorize product locations throughout the store and be able to direct customers or make suggestions.
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Adequately handle purchase returns in accordance with the company’s return policy.
- Take a tally of the funds in the cash register when required during a shift and produce transaction reports.
- Perform other job responsibilities as needed.
Minimum Qualification: Abilities, Knowledge and Skills.
- Minimum of Ordinary Diploma (ND) and Nigerian College of Education (NCE) School graduate
- Mathematical skills and the ability to handle transactions quickly and accurately
- Previous experience in a retail store or as a cashier will be an advantage.
- Positive and helpful attitude toward customers, including the ability to speak clearly and convey information accurately.
- Ability to process coupons, refunds, gift cards and cheques.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and twisting and standing for long periods of time.
- Knowledge of register operation, including cash, credit cards and register receipts.
Method of Application:
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to apply online by clicking the link below and following the instructions. Based on Client’s equal opportunity policy, female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.