Position: Procurement Officer
Background: Our Client is a world-class beauty outlet with modern day beauty technology. Our Client is seeking to engage a Procurement officer whose role is the most sensitive role in the entire organization as it requires a great deal of ethics, constant market research, market benchmarks and competitor pricing, broad oversight to all operations and attention to detail. It is important the Procurement officer understand regulatory requirements for export, import, product registration, shipping, soncap, PAR and NAFDAC processes. The Procurement officer ensure product availability at the best value to ensure competitive position. He / She will have to constantly negotiate with suppliers and manufacturers to ensure that the organization maximizes value. The Procurement officer must escalate all metrics, incidence and transaction that will threaten the financial position of the company. This position has oversight to all financial information, suppliers, distributors and manufacturers. The manager must be ready to be audited at any time. Confidentiality of Company information, Integrity, diligence, accuracy of data and Honesty are MANDATORY for this Role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation, Negotiation, purchasing and shipping of Goods
- The Procurement officer must be familiar with all products, accessory and equipment used in the Beauty Industry and know exactly best location to purchase them both in Nigeria and Internationally.
- Product sourcing directly from manufacturers while ensuring profitable agreements are on file
- Clearing and compliance to all regulatory bodies for product export and imports.
- Trademarks, purchase orders and filing /updating of all trade agreements.
- Preparing reports, budgets, business plans, commentaries and demand/forecast statements;
- Financial forecasting and risk analysis;
- Liaising with managerial staff, colleagues and clients;
- Negotiating business terms with clients and associated organizations;
- Excellent market intelligent information to Manage Expenditure to ensure Nectar offers lowest pricing in the Market.
- Prepares and manages all companies purchase orders
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements to ensure all products follow due process.
- FX transactions and keeping of every financial record.
- Ensuring compliance with Import and export policies
- Managing foreign exchange impact and transactions
- Inventory analysis with the aim of optimizing inventory and quick turnover of goods
- Complies to Employee Handbook policies and procedures
- Participate in staff training
- Tracks and monitors all purchase related information
- Undertake daily market research to Nectar Beauty Hub is up to date with the latest trends in the beauty Industry
- Find the highest quality goods possible by reading reviews and performing extensive research.
- Study current inventory levels and determine what is needed.
- Check machines to see if they need to be repaired or replaced and purchase equipment accordingly.
- Identify foreign and domestic suppliers and vendors.
- Ask vendors for promotional prices and incentives.
- Keep abreast of changes affecting both the supply of, and demand for, needed products and materials.
- • Consider price, quality, availability, reliability, and technical support when choosing suppliers
- and merchandise.
- Have a working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be purchased.
- Place orders and ensure product is shipped according to deadlines.
- Purchase goods such as equipment and products used in the beauty, skin and hair industry for further processing or resale.
- Supervise groups of purchasing agents.
- Accept bids and offers through Internet.
- Negotiate and supervise supply contracts.
- Purchase goods directly from manufacturers or from other wholesale firms for resale to retail firms, commercial establishments, and other organizations.
- Determine which products will sell.
Minimum Qualification: Abilities, Knowledge and Skills.
- First Degree or Higher National Diploma in Business administration, Economics and any related discipline.
- Experience: 2-5 years of relevant field,
- Excellent Computer skills,
- Medically Fit and ability to Multi-task.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work under stress during peak workload periods.
- Ability to work minimal supervision
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work in an efficient and effective manner.
- Good timekeeping skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Very Good command of English Language.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Work with the highest standards and practices of discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to multi task.
- Determination- you may need to get a job done with little time.
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to build good relationships- you will be the main point of contact for many clients.
- Ability to delegate when necessary.
- Ability to exercise good judgement.
- Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Ability to analyze situations, evaluate alternatives, and implement solutions within standards (where applicable).
- Ability to interpret guidelines and analyze factual information to adapt or modify processes in response to changing circumstances
- Ability to lift 30 to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
Salary, Benefit and Conditions:
- Salary is competitive depending on qualification and experience.
Job Location: Lagos
Method of Application:
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to apply online by clicking the link below and following the instructions.
Based on Client’s equal opportunity policy, female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.