Position: Procurement Manager
Background: Our Client is a world-class beauty outlet with modern day beauty technology. Our Client is seeking to engage a Procurement Manager. The Procurement Manager is a critical role to the success of our client's value proposition delivery being a touchpoint with our shareholders in our Value chain. The Procurement Manager is responsible for performing and supervising routine & non-routine administrative tasks (planning, procurement, management and resource control) related to the entire Supply Chain process of our client. S/He must have detailed oversight and knowledge of product life cycle, type and contents /value offering of all products. Expertise with content development, good command of English language and ability to relate products with trends and events in Nigeria/ globally is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day to day servicing of purchasing need of the organization
- Coordinate negotiations with vendors to ensure timely delivery of quality products at the lowest possible cost:
- Responsible for selection, engagement of vendors and an updated vendors list.
- Ensure adherence and compliance with the BFP contract supply procedures and regulations
- Conduct a comparative analysis on all supplier prices
- Review and evaluate the performance of the suppliers
- Overall supervision of all operation cost
- Ensure cost control optimizes efficiency to the development of cost budgets, action plan and achieve targets
- Implement and maintain cost control measures
- Process purchase orders and documents in accordance with company policies, procedures and specifications.
- Establish Data Bank of vendors and manufacturers
- Contact vendors or agency representatives to obtain availability and product information or to solicit bids; develops requests for quotations; and confers with vendors concerning new products, damaged goods, delayed payments or related information.
- Collect and analyse historical and market information to assess purchasing decisions and recommend improvements.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Process documentation for payments and send to finance dept.
- Source new suppliers for different materials and maintains supplier database
- Evaluate vendor performance to determine the best suppliers with respect to delivery performance,
- pricing and quality of materials supplied. etc.
- Provide periodic status reports to management on overall purchase of materials.
- Maintaining good relations with our suppliers.
- Perform all procurement and contracting activities including pre-qualification, tender management, negotiation and preparation of contracts
Minimum Qualification: Abilities, Knowledge and Skills.
- The ideal candidate must have proven and relevant track record of 2-5 years’ experience in an Experiential Marketing agency
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Social Science or any relevant field of study
- Excellent Computer skills.
- Medically Fit and ability to Multi-task.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work under stress during peak workload periods.
- Ability to work minimal supervision
- Excellent organisational skills
- Personally credible with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong influence and negotiation skills.
- Integrity and approachability
- Ability to work in an efficient and effective manner.
- Good timekeeping skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Work with the highest standards and practices of discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to multi task.
- Determination- you may need to get a job done with little time.
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to build good relationships- you will be the main point of contact for many clients.
- Ability to delegate when necessary.
- Ability to exercise good judgement.
- Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Ability to analyze situations, evaluate alternatives, and implement solutions within standards (where applicable).
- Ability to interpret guidelines and analyze factual information to adapt or modify processes in response to changing circumstances
Salary, Benefit and Conditions:
- Salary is competitive depending on qualification and experience.
- Commission on Monthly sales
- Quarterly Incentives if KPI’s are met.
- Medical Plan excluding Dental and Vision Care according to the Companies medical plan for all staff
Job Location: Lagos
Method of Application:
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to apply online by clicking the link below and following the instructions.
Based on Client’s equal opportunity policy, female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.